NEXT COPE MEETING: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd, at
We had an invigorating meeting on Friday, October 18th. The COPE attendees discussed the upcoming projects for the 2013-2014 year.
Our primary discussion celebrated the terrific efforts of our team of volunteers.
- We are readying for a return of “Being a Girl in Today’s World” to continue these workshops to middle school girls in public schools across
. Volusia County
If you are interested in hosting workshops, attending, being trained to join our team of presenters, or other support, please let us know.
- Thanks to our dedicated volunteers: Cindy Jackson,
Kathryn Fraser, Brenda O’Donnell, and myself, for hosting a COPE information booth at the 2013 Health and Human Services Summit, at the , on Friday, October 4th. Ocean Center
- Thanks very much to Ellen Babanin, at the DeLand Library for inviting COPE to participate in today’s health fair. She will be presenting the Being a Girl in Today’s World, as well.
- COPE was represented in a luncheon at the NEDA National Conference NETWORK MEMBER luncheon in
, on Friday, Oct. 11th. It was an inspired group of organizations across the country. Many are organizing and presenting similar programs, such as our middle school education/prevention, education of health care providers, especially physicians, community outreach, and annual fund-raising and awareness events. Washington, DC
- We are actively organizing an event scheduled tentatively for February 15th, 2014. “Celebrate EVERY BODY: COPE presents “Let’s feel good in our bodies”. An event for eating disorder awareness. We will have a panel of speakers to include family members, stories of recovery, and inspirational presenters.
- The speakers panel will be followed by a gentle yoga class and a walk for “AWARENESS”. An anonymous donor will match all funds raised during this event to fund scholarships for treatment for those in need.
- NEXT COPE MEETING TO PLAN THIS EVENT: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd, at . This meeting will be at the office of Karen Samuels. Address below.
PLEASE RSVP if you are attending. Ksamuels1@cfl.rr.com
Thanks to all our dedicated COPE volunteers!
Karen Samuels, Ph.D.